Got some old, worn badges and stuck them on the CB. It's amazing what a small update can do to the overall aesthetic. She's getting there!
After 6 months of hibernation, the Bullitt CB is getting some attention. Stoked on the new seat from Dime City Cycles. Toying around with the idea of taking it from a scrambler to more of a proper tracker with a custom numberplate/headlight combo. Chime in and let us know your thoughts... Scrambler or Tracker?
The Bullitt CB was on a tear a few months but took a short winter hibernation. We introduced a baby Bullitt into the family, moved shop and are working tirelessly to get set back up again. That being said, we did make a lot of headway that we are happy to share. The Bullitt CB, affectionally known as 'Kira' around here, was completely broken down as you can see in the image below. We coated, painted, lubed or upgraded everything we could and put her back together, new and improved.
We detabbed the frame and swingarm and shortened Kira's rear end, opting for a semi-gloss black powder coat. The swingarm was clear coated and provides a nice balance with the raw metal from the tank. New Mikuni VM30 carbs and UNI cone filters help her push a full breath through the newly coated CL headers and mini reverse cones.
The tail has been tidied up with a little homemade battery tray. Just the bare necessities are going back in, along with a small Lithium battery.
The seat pan was shortened and coated. The kickstand was lengthened to accommodate the taller Hagon shocks and the lower triple was cleaned up and detabbed.
We repainted the rim of the stock speedo but wanted to leave the vintage patina in the cracked gauge. We're toying with a smaller tach but still aren't sure we're gonna keep it.
The garage should be back up and running soon and we can't wait to finish her and get her out on the road!
Making big strides on the Bullitt CB/CL. Decided to fully disassemble and build it back up proper. There is really nothing left that hasn't been replaced, repainted or repaired. There's been some big improvements and a lot of time put into this old girl.
We've been working hard on the CB lately. The bike was getting close to being finished before we decided to pull the motor, hack up the frame and make this a proper build. The frame's being de-tabbed and looped and on its way to powder coat. The motor's been gone through and is getting dialed in. Basically, we took everything apart, replaced all hardware, scrubbed, cleaned and coated just about everything we could.
Not all of us have the know-how or stable hand of Skratch but still want pinstriping on our own bikes and helmets. I didn't want to pay anyone and just thought I'd mask off the area with pinstriping tape and give it a go myself. That's what's been so fun with the Bullitt CB - just going for it on my own. Never done this before, wasn't sure how it'd turn out but overall happy with the results.
Getting closer every day. Still need to tackle the wiring, loop the tail and get the custom seat finished up. We swapped out all the hardware for black hex bolts, wrapped the headers, powder coated the springs and blacked out the shocks with epoxy paint. Can't wait to get this thing on the road!