Sunday, May 19, 2013

Bullitt CB :: DIY Pin Striping

Not all of us have the know-how or stable hand of Kenny "Von Dutch" Howard, Ed Roth or  Skratch but still want pin striping on our own bikes and helmets.  I didn't want to pay anyone and just thought I'd mask off the area with pin striping tape and give it a go myself. 
That's what's been so fun with the Bullitt CB - just going for it on my own.  Never done this before, wasn't sure how it'd turn out but overall happy with the results. 
Have you ever tried something like this before?  Post to comments any successes or failures.

5 comments:

  1. Good effort turned out great. I've done something similar but masking the negative and spraying over the tape. Would be nice to have pinstriping as a skill that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you serious? So you want the look of pin striping....kind of....but you don't want to take the time, patience, effort of learning how to do it right? This kind of lazy approach to art makes me want to throw up. Shame on you for being proud of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am learning the proper way Loren, but I'm not going to 'learn' on my tank. It's easy to sit behind a computer and shit talk... Do you have this skill mastered?

      Delete
    2. I posted under my real name, and I am not shit talking. Just sharing my thoughts on it. No I do not have this skill mastered, but I was brave enough to freehand one of my tanks. It looked like shit, so i re-did it, then I re-did it again until it looked OK. Now I have a tank that was pinstriped, by me, and I can be proud of it.

      Delete
    3. Good for you Loren, I can respect that. I'm just doing the best I can...
      Thanks for reading the blog, and thanks for commenting.

      Next time I'll give it a go. Cheers, Pat

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...